Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Received My Ordered Fiero Spindle

Got home last night (Tue 1/2/07) and UPS had delivered my Fiero spindle that I had ordered on Friday 12/29/06 from Deer Creek Auto Parts located in Williamsport, OH. I didn't have time last night to take some photos of the spindle but will get some soon and post on the blog.


I'm very happy with Deer Creek Auto Parts because it was a fast delivery (less than 2 business days) and besides just getting a "plain" spindle, the part also include the hub with integrated disk brake rotor. Of course the part is rusty, but the hub did spin very freely on the spindle. I'm thinking of just ordering the right hand front spindle right away from Deer Creek Auto Parts so that I have the pair ready to go when I actually start the build. Hmmmm....


Ball joints or tie rod ends? Now I have to think about whether I want to use normal Fiero ball joints or possibly heavy duty tie rod ends on the suspension arms. I'm really leaning towards tie rod ends because of adjustability and they also seem to me to be easier to incorporate into the design of the upper suspension arm. I'm thinking of my upper front arms to look similar to this photo:



1 comment:

Drop Suspension said...

Looks really nice. I wish I could have gotten the same for mine.