Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Catfish Nose

I have measured some dimensions of the Neon engine and how it mounts in the Neon and have come to the conclusion that I'm going to build a "book" type chassis from the passenger compartment and forward. I will be looking to build an engine sub-frame that will attach to the front 2/3 of the chassis. The engine subframe should add only about 3-4 inches length to the standard book chassis's length so it shouldn't look too out-of-proportion from the norm.

I'm going to build a 1/4 scale model of the whole thing using balsa wood and other miniature items to replicate my build. Because I won't have the engine in front, my tranny tunnel will not have to be really wide where the bellhousing usually comes out from the engine and I'll have more space for my feet and the pedals. Also I plan on using a "Catfish" nose from Kinetic Vehicles (see photo - one on the left is the catfish style and the one on the right is the normal style). The Catfish nose is four inches shorter than the standard nose, and also three inches wider.


No comments: