Friday, December 29, 2006

Gentlemen, start your engines.....

After a few months, O.K. more than a few months, about 12-14 months actually I have been in the pre-design (dreaming) mode and I have finally decided to move forward in 2007 to begin building Neo.

What is Neo? Neo is the name I have given to my future creation. It is a Locost type car that is based on a mid-engine placement versus the usual and typical front engine placement. I plan on using a front-wheel drive Dodge/Plymouth Neon 1st generation donor car to help build the Neo. I plan on using the Neon's engine/transmission (manual), front spindles, front brakes, pedals, instrument cluster, wheels (at first) and any other parts that ae usuable in my build.

Neo means "new" and I would like the help of the North American Locost community to put together a decent reproducible design for a midde (mid-engine) Locost car since there are so many more available FWD donor cars in North America that it makes sense to have a car design like the one I am creating.

So just as the announcer starts the race by broadcasting over the loudspeakers "Gentlemen, start your engines", I'm announcing to the Internet my intentions of starting my Neo project.

No comments: